The summer officially ends in 2 days, on September 22, 2018 so I decided to post my Summer 2018 ending summary.
I ended up not being able to finish my 20 books this summer. The original list was:
- The Wurst is Yet to Come
- Engaging Father Christmas
- Pippi Longstocking
- Children of the Lamp: The Blue Djinn of Babylon
- The Genius Files: Never Say Genius
- Wilma Tenderfoot: The Case of the Frozen Hearts
- It’s Raining Cupcakes
- Murder on the Links
- Class Dismissed
- The Sinclair Mysteries: The Painted Dragon
- Draw Blood
- Blood Dawn
- The Book Scavenger: The Alcatraz Escape
- Fairy Tale Reform School: Charmed
- Fairy Tale Reform School: Tricked
- Fairy Tale Reform School: Switched
- Descendants: Rise of the Isle of the Lost
- Archie Greene and the Magician’s Secret
I only managed to finish 11 of these books. That’s not to say I didn’t read 20 books, there were just a couple I read that weren’t originally on this list.
Oh, and my plan to clear out my bookshelf totally backfired. I ended up going to my library’s summer sale where I bought like 4 books. Then my local used bookshop ended up having their end of the summer sale which was buy one get one free on everything! As you can imagine, I bought so so so SO many books. So now I had to clear out some space just to store all these new books.
The other books I ended up reading this summer were:
- Hermes and the Horse with Wings (Heroes in Training #13)
- Chocolate Fever
- Perseus and the Monstrous Medusa (Heroes in Training #12)
- Wild Card (Dresden Files Graphic Novels #6)
- Dionysus and the Land of Beasts (Heroes in Training #14)
- Samantha and the Missing Pearls (American Girls Short Stories #17)
- Samantha’s Short Story Collection
- I am Mordred
- The Report Card
- The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl #2)
- Murder in Retrospect (Hercule Poirot #25)
- Sage and the Journey to Wishworld (Star Darlings #1)
- The Princess Imposter
- Sugar and Spice (Confectionery Yours #3)
So, while I didn’t finish all of the 20 books I initially set out to read I ended up reading 29 books! Which, overall, is more than my initial goal of 20. So I’ll take this as a half way win.
In the end I didn’t really meet my goals, but I still think it was a fun try anyway.